Join the world-renowned expert in functional anatomy – Thomas Myers in this 2-day Pre-convention Immersive.
Presented by Thomas Myers
Date: Thursday 27 – Friday 28 April 2017
Fascia is central to growth, strength, elasticity, and hydration, and is involved in every injury and recovery. Join Thomas Myers,
originator of the Anatomy Trains Myofascial Meridians, for this exclusive FILEX event, and discover how fascia adapts to different
forms of training, and how restrictions lead to imbalance.
Experience the Anatomy Trains system of myofascial meridians, learn how to ‘body read’ the lines of force transmission in your clients,
discover how they play out in stability and balanced movement, and get your questions on all things fascia, foam rolling, SMR and
recovery answered by the man himself.
Over 2 days you’ll learn how to:
- Identify the three components of fascia and their roles in the body
- Understand the four properties of fascia that are essential to training – viscosity, elasticity, plasticity and remodelling
- Understand training and dietary components of viscous gels in joints and tissues
- Be able to apply elastic training to fascial elements
- Experience plasticity in sustained stretching and understand its role
- Understand how remodelling works in training
- Differentiate the 12 myofascial meridians in the Anatomy Trains system
- Understand how stretching, foam rolling, exercise, and bodywork impact fascial function and recovery.